OPFD: Enlisted Information/Waivers and Aviation Badge Endorsements
- The Organization and Personnel Force Development develops Army Aviation organizational requirements, assesses existing force structures, identifies deficiencies and capability gaps, and proposes solutions in the form of new or modified organizational designs.
- OPFD is the proponent and approval authority for all Officer, Warrant Officer and Enlisted waiver requests and written endorsements for all Active Duty, National Guard and the United States Army Reserves.
- The OPFD Enlisted Division receives, analyses, processes and manages all requests for Enlisted Waivers and Written Endorsements. The approved waivers and endorsements are the following:
OPFD will evaluate all waiver requests to ensure Soldier meets requirements of AR 601-210 and DA Pam 611-21 (CAC required). OPFD will only accept SSG/E-6 and above Exceptions to Policy for Active Army and USAR Soldiers under extreme circumstances: current MOS is rescinded, or, at the direction of DA, HRC, or USAACE. The ARNG may submit waiver requests one grade above reclassification grade standard outlined in DA Pam 611-21 (CAC required) for requested MOS. OPFD will consider waiver requests for all ranks/grades when an Army directed MTOE/TDA change or conversion occurs as outlined in AR 614-200.
OPFD will approve or disapprove requested waivers within 30 days of receipt. OPFD will forward final disposition of waiver requests to appropriate component representative for distribution to the Unit POC.
National Guard Soldiers with state awarded MOS orders will be processed:
- Formal Training Waivers: Used in lieu of attendance to Army Aviation MOSQ formal training IAW DA PAM 611-12 and AR 601-210. For packet information for Formal Training Waivers, click here.
- Line Score Waivers: Utilized if a Soldier or potential enlistee meets or exceeds all MOS requirements for initial entry/reclassification, except in the critical aptitude area of the chosen MOS as stated in DA PAM 611-21. For packet information for Line Score Waivers, click here.
- Prerequisite Waivers: Utilized for Soldiers or potential enlistees that do not meet the prerequisites of a desired MOS as per AR 601-210, DA PAM 611-21. For packet information for Prerequisite Waivers, click here.
- Exception to Policy Waivers: Utilized for Soldiers or potential enlistees that; 1) require an Exception to Policy for requirements not previously addressed 2) for National Guard Soldiers with State Awarded MOS’s that do not currently meet the requirements of AR 601-210, DA PAM 611-21. For packet information for Exception to Policy Waivers, click here.
- Grade/Rank Waivers: Utilized for SGT/E-5 or SPC/E-4 (based on the specific MOS prerequisite as per DA PAM 611-21) in Active Component (AC), National Guard (NG), and the United States Army Reserve (USAR) requesting attendance to an Aviation Skill Level One training course at their current grade. Exceptions to policy for SSG/E-6 Soldiers will only be accepted under extreme circumstances: current MOS is rescinded, or, at the direction of DA, HRC, or USAACE. For packet information for Grade/Rank Waivers, click here.
- Aviation Badges: Provides written endorsements for Aviation Badges IAW AR 600-8-22, para 8–27b(4), for qualified personnel who do not have a COL/O–6 or above holding an aeronautical rating of Army aviator in their chain of command. For Endorsement Packet information, click here.
Each component will utilize the routing procedures listed below for all waiver packets:
- All Aviation MOS's awarded by the state between 1997 and 2006 time periods per NGB 600-200 Paragraph 5-10a, will be processed on a case by case basis. Any state awarded orders that supersede the aforementioned dates will not be approved.
- State awarded MOS Orders and DA 4187 requesting action are required for OPFD to validate state orders.
USAACE point of contact is the Organization and Personnel Force Development (ATZQ-CDF-P), DSN 558-2359, Commercial (334) 255-2359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OPFD Enlisted Division POCs
- Active Component to Cdr, USAACE, ATTN: ATZQ-CDF-P, Fort Rucker, AL 36362-5000
- ARNG through National Guard Bureau, ATTN: NGB-ARNG-AV, 111 South George Mason Drive, Arlington, VA 22204-1382
- USAR through Commander, 11th Aviation Command, ATTN: G3 (ARRC-AKY-OP), 1160 Brandenburg Station Road, Fort Knox, KY 40121-4190
- Incomplete packets will be returned with no action taken.
- Senior Career Management NCO: (334) 255-1602 (DSN 558)
- Senior Career Management NCO/NGB Liaison: (334) 255-2650 (DSN 558)
- Career Management NCO: (334) 255-2653 (DSN 558)
This is an official U.S. Army web site.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Website or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Website.