Aviation Branch CSM's "Top 10" Recommended Reading List for Leaders
Note: The appearance of a title on this reading list does not imply endorsement of the author's views or interpretations. Nevertheless, these books contain thought-provoking ideas and viewpoints relevant to our Army.
- The Three Meter Zone - Common Sense Leadership for NCOs, by J.D. Pendry
- A Message to Garcia, by Elbert Hubbard
- Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't, by Simon Sinek
- The Lombardi Rules: 26 Lessons from Vince Lombardi--the World's Greatest Coach, by Vince Lombardi Jr.
- Legacy: 15 Lessons in Leadership, by James Kerr
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, by Simon Sinek
- Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times, by Donald T. Phillips
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box, by The Arbinger Institute
- Getting to Yes: How to Negotiate Agreement Without Giving In, by Roger Fisher, William L. Ury, and Bruce Patton
- Guardians of the Republic - A History of the Noncommissioned Officer Corps of the U.S. Army, by Ernest F. Fisher, Jr.
This is an official U.S. Army web site.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Website or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Website.