Engagement Skills Trainer II
EST II is located in building 550 Raider Street.
The EST supports realistic and comprehensive gated rifle marksmanship instruction, identifies Servicemember’s needs by requiring them to satisfy gate requirements in order to progress, and facilitates any necessary remedial training prior to qualification.
- 50 Cal Machine Gun
- MK19 Automatic 40mm Round
- AT4 Fires 84mm Rocket
- M249-5.56mm Machine Gun
- M240-7.56mm Machine Gun
Scheduling EST II
To scheduling unit training call (334) 255-0888/9475
Training simulator is used to:
- Train and evaluate individual marksmanship training
- Provide unit sustainment training for active and reserve components in preparation for qualification on individual and crew small arms live-fire weapons
- Simulate training events which lead to live-fire individual and crew weapon qualification
- Save ammunition, travel time, transportation costs, and other range support resources
The EST II replicates fourteen weapons, and it has three modes of training:
Tactical Collective Training Mode
- Presents tactical collective exercises that train squad and team leaders in fire distribution and control
- Provides fully articulated interactive targets with variable outcomes based on action or inaction
- Uses realistic 3D modeled battlefield terrain and variable environmental effects
- Uses special effects such as weapon’s effects, explosions and vehicle damage to enhance the static eye point of the battlefield
- Provides shot- by-shot feedback that is tied to each firer’s lane of fire
Shoot/Don’t Shoot Mode
- Can be configured to enhance special operations and counterterrorism training
- Uses video-based graphic overlays with multiple escalation or de-escalation points that require the firer to justify his actions
Marksmanship Training Mode
- Uses Army standard courses of fire for all small weapons
- Accurately simulates live-fire ranges using precision scaled targets and the weapon’s system accuracy to compensate for errors
- Replays shots to highlight firer’s errors in the application of the fundamentals of marksmanship
Instructor/operators are provided to operate the EST II for unit training. Click here to view a list of available training scenarios and weapons (CAC required).
This is an official U.S. Army web site.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Website or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Website.