Fort Rucker's website is moving to a new home! Click here for a sneak peek

Sexual Harrassment / Assault Response and Prevention Hotline (24/7) 334-470-6629

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), For Deaf and Hard of Hearing 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) Fort Rucker Hotline 1-334-379-7947

AtHOC Emergency Notifications

Fort Rucker WX Operations and Aviation Products

Local Area Map

Click here to view volunteer opportunities

Ozark Enterprise Daleville Dothan

Federal Voting Assistance Program

Army Flier

U.S. Army Aviation Digest


ICE - Interactive Customer Evaluation

iSalute - Suspicious Activity Reporting

Fort Rucker Retirement Services Office

Soldier Service Center
5700 Novosel Street
Fort Rucker, AL 36330
Military Personnel Division Room 161

Hours of Operation

  • 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
  • Closed on Holidays and DONSAs (Days of No Scheduled Activities)
Phone - Local (334) 255-9124/9739
Phone - Commercial (800) 240-9373
Soldier for Life:

The Retirement Services Office (RSO) at Fort Rucker provides information on benefits and entitlements to active duty Soldiers and their Families preparing for retirement. RSO provides counsel and support to active duty personnel, family members, retirees and their family members on the Survivor Benefit Plan program. RSO publishes an annual retiree newsletter and works in conjunction with the Retiree Council to host the installation's annual Retiree Appreciation Day.

Upcoming Events

Retirement ceremonies are held quarterly on the second to last Friday of January and the last Friday of April, July and October.

ID Card Appointments

We are an appointment based system, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (normal duty hours). Closed second Wednesday of the month from 2:15 pm – 4:00 pm. Open training holidays and days of no scheduled activities (DONSA). Closed federal holidays. Click here for more information.

Pre-Retirement Services

  • Processing retirement applications
  • Periodic Pre-Retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) group briefings for all retiring Soldiers (highly encourage family members attend).
  • Counseling Soldiers and Family members on retirement rights, benefits, and privileges
  • One-on-one SBP counseling for all retiring Soldiers, and their family members
  • One-on-one Pre-Retirement briefings as needed
  • Completion of DD Form 2656 (Data for Payment of Retired Personnel)

Post-Retirement Services

  • Provide retired Soldiers and their Families with information on benefits and entitlements including Veterans Affairs, TRICARE, dental, and Social Security and Medicare benefits
  • Assist retired Soldiers apply for Combat-Related Special Compensation
  • Provide information to retired Soldiers on Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments
  • Assist retired Soldiers and Family members obtain copies of lost documents such as DD Form 214, retirement orders, medical records and replacement of lost awards
  • Provide information and assistance to Soldiers, spouses and former spouses regarding the Uniformed Services Former Spouse’s Protection Act
  • Assist survivors of retired Soldiers regarding their SBP options and other entitlements, including Department of Veterans Affairs, Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
  • Provide information and filing assistance for the Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses

Other Retirement Services

  • View retired pay account
  • View annuitant's pay account
  • Change allotments
  • Change beneficiary information
  • Change mailing address
  • Change bank information
  • Change tax filing and withholding status
  • Request copies of the 1099-R form for tax filing purposes
  • Request copies of the Retired Account Statement

Pre-Retirement and Survivor Benefit Plan Briefings

Detailed pre-retirement group briefings for all retiring Soldiers are normally held on the third Wednesday of each month at the Soldiers Service Center, Building 5700, Room 282, at 1:30 p.m. Family members are also highly encouraged to attend. The topics covered during the pre-retirement briefings include:

  • Computing retired pay and cost-of-living adjustments
  • Survivor Benefit Plan
  • Medical benefits, to include TRICARE, TRICARE-for-Life, dental, space-available care in military treatment facilities, supplemental health insurance, demonstration projects, and the Continued Health Care Benefit Program
  • Veterans’ benefits
  • Retirement Services Program
  • New Careers in Education
  • Former spouse benefits, division of retired pay, SBP, and ID card eligibility
  • Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance, and conversion of SGLI to Veterans Group Life Insurance
  • Transition leave and permissive temporary duty
  • Travel authorizations and shipment of household goods
  • Space-available air travel
  • Social Security
  • Combat-Related Special Compensation
  • Concurrent Retirement and Disability Payments
  • Annuities for Certain Military Surviving Spouses
  • myPay system
  • Career Status Bonus
  • Army Knowledge Online
  • Army Benefits Tool (ABT) and Soldier Benefits System

Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) Counseling

Conducted on an appointment basis to make their SBP election. Appointments are made by calling (334) 255-9124. Spouses are encouraged to attend as they must sign the SBP paperwork if an election is made for less than the full amount of SBP. The appointment is also used to complete the DD Form 2656, Data for Payment of Retired Personnel, which establishes the retiree's pay account with Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Fort Rucker Retiree Council

The Retiree Council is made up of members who are military retirees or the widow(er) of a military retiree with representatives of all branches of the military. The Council meets the first Thursday of every month for the purpose of presenting the issues of local retirees to the installation command and annually to the Chief of Staff, Army Retired Soldier Council. For more information, please contact the RSO at (334) 255-9124. Issues of an individual nature cannot be addressed by the Council; however, items of a general nature of concern to all military retirees will be addressed.

Frequently Asked Questions

I want to retire, what is my first step?

Contact your unit's personnel section. Units have a sample of the packet submitted to request retirement.

When can I pick up my Installation Clearance Form?

Ten working days before start of transition leave or permissive TDY taken in conjunction with retirement.

Who should attend Pre-Retirement Orientation Briefing and when?

All service members eligible for retirement to include those just thinking about retirement should attend as soon as possible. Spouses are welcome to attend.

When and where is the monthly Pre-Retirement Orientation Briefing?

It is held monthly on the third Wednesday in Soldier Service Center, Building 5700, Room 282 from 1330-1530. Reservation/advance notice is not required.

How do I contact the Fort Rucker Retirement Services Officer?

You can reach the office at (334) 255-9124 or toll free at (800) 240-9373.

Do I need an appointment to see the Retirement Services Officer?

An appointment is not required but it is recommended. The office is located in the Soldier Service Center, Building 5700, Room 161, next to the ID card section, whenever it is convenient.

How do I contact Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) about my retirement pay?

All services' Retirees are taken care of by DFAS-Cleveland. Their telephone number is (800) 321-1080.

How can I get a copy of my DD Form 214?

If there is a copy on file, you can get it via the internet at or by submitting Standard Form (SF) 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records via regular mail.

My ID card needs renewed / is expired / is lost, who do I contact?

You can contact the Fort Rucker ID card section to schedule an appointment by calling (334) 255-2182 or schedule one by clicking here.

Applicable Regulation

  • AR 600-8-7, Retirement Services Program, dated 18 January 2017

Contact Us | ICE – Interactive Customer Evaluation

This is an official U.S. Army web site.

The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Website or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Website.