Fort Rucker's website is moving to a new home! Click here for a sneak peek

Sexual Harrassment / Assault Response and Prevention Hotline (24/7) 334-470-6629

National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), For Deaf and Hard of Hearing 1-800-787-3224 (TTY) Fort Rucker Hotline 1-334-379-7947

AtHOC Emergency Notifications

Fort Rucker WX Operations and Aviation Products

Local Area Map

Click here to view volunteer opportunities

Ozark Enterprise Daleville Dothan

Federal Voting Assistance Program

Army Flier

U.S. Army Aviation Digest


ICE - Interactive Customer Evaluation

iSalute - Suspicious Activity Reporting

For casualty assistance, please call (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9005

Fort Rucker Casualty Assistance Center

Casualty Assistance, located in Building 5700, Room 185, is open from 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m., Monday - Friday and 24-hours on call during non-duty hours. Services include:

  • Coordinating military funeral honors for active duty, retiree, and veterans funerals;
  • Providing survivor assistance to retiree surviving spouses;
  • Processing paperwork associated with active duty deaths;
  • Providing notification and assistance to survivors of active duty personnel;
  • Processing line of duty investigations.

Fort Rucker serves as a Casualty Area Command for all counties of Alabama, except for the counties served by Fort Benning, namely Autaga, Bullock, Chambers, Chilton, Coosa, Elmore, Lee, Macon, Montgomery, Russell and Talapoosa. Fort Rucker also serves the Florida panhandle counties of Bay, Calhoun, Escambia, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton and Washington.

For more information, please call (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9005.

Funeral Honors

Effective Oct. 1, 2018, requests for military funeral honors for veterans and retirees being conducted Saturday - Monday must be submitted to the Fort Rucker Casualty Assistance Center office no later than 3 p.m. the Friday before the services are to be held. In order to streamline programs and institute cost saving measures, the CAC office will be implementing process changes in the upcoming fiscal year. Please call (334) 255-1813 with any questions regarding this process.

Request are made by the servicing funeral home. If possible, please provide more than 24 hours’ notice in order to ensure proper coordination of funeral honors. Funeral Homes can contact the CAC office at (334) 255-9081, (334) 255-9005 or (800) 661-1407.

If there is no answer at the phone numbers listed above, please contact the Installation Operations Center at (334) 255-3038.

Hours of Operation

  • 7:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., Monday - Friday
  • Closed on Holidays and DONSAs (Days of No Scheduled Activities)
Casualty Notification Lines (334) 255-9081 or (334) 255-9311 or (334) 255-9005
Operations Coordinator (334) 255-0788
Training Instructor (334) 255-9311
Mortuary Affairs Coordinator (334) 255-1811
Memorial Affairs Coordinator (334) 255-9081
Benefits Coordinator (334) 255-9005
Military Funeral Honors Request (334) 255-9081/9311/9005; Call during normal duty hours
Fax (334) 255-9751

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to receive military honors?

Military honors will be rendered to all deceased Active Duty, Retired and Veterans of the US Army, National Guard and Reserve service members that were discharged honorably.

Can Army dependents receive military honors?

No. Only service members are eligible to receive honors.

What type of military honors does a Retiree receive?

Retiree’s receive full military honors to include, Pallbearers, Firing Team, Taps, Presentation of the flag and a Chaplain on request.

What type of military honors does a Veteran receive?

Veterans receive the folding and presenting of the flag and playing of Taps.

What is the timeframe for requesting military honors?

The Casualty Office requires at least a 24 hour advance notice.

How do you request military honors?

The family of the deceased service member must inform the funeral home. The funeral director will coordinate with the Casualty Assistance Center. Note: A DD214 is required if not currently on active duty.

Is there a charge for military honors?

No. Military honors are rendered free of charge.

Who can be buried in National Cemeteries?

Anyone who has served in the military and been “Honorably Discharged”.

Does the military help pay for the funerals of Retirees or Veterans?

No, the military only pays for the funerals of Active Duty Soldiers.

Who is eligible for survivor benefits?

Survivors of active duty and retired service members may be eligible for benefits. You may call the Casualty Assistance Center or Retirement Services Office to inquire.

Contact Us | ICE – Interactive Customer Evaluation

This is an official U.S. Army web site.

The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Army of this Website or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and MWR sites, the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Website.